Smoothies and shakes are amazing staples, but have you ever thought of using protein powders as part of a main dish? True Nutrition athlete @vegan_danielle shares how she creates a faux fried “chikn” recipe, with tofu and True Nutrition Pea Protein Isolate. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan (of course), and 100% delicious. Read on to learn how she does it!
1 block extra firm tofu
1 scoop True Nutrition Pea Protein Isolate (unflavored/unsweetened)
3/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
Dash Black Pepper
Dash of Cayenne
Dash of Salt
1/4 cup Oat Bran (or ground oats)
- Drain one block of tofu, press out water, and cut into 8 pieces.
- Place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Defrost and press out extra water.
- Freeze another 4 hours, defrost and press again.
- Preheat AirFryer to 400 degrees F.
- In a small, flat container, combine almond milk through salt.
- Pour oat bran onto parchment paper.
- Dip tofu into pea protein mixture, then place into Oat Bran to coat.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray, then put into air fryer for 10-15 minutes.
Macros & Servings
Makes 8 Pieces
Serving Size: 2 Pieces