7 Grams of Protein/ 4 Grams of Carbohydrates/ 50 Calories/ 1.2 Grams of Fat (per pancake)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Servings: 6 pancakes
Fall is here, which means it’s time to bring out the pumpkin spice! Team True recipe guru Meg of My Engineered Nutrition worked hard to perfect this recipe and we think you will love them!
Nothing is more comforting than a stack of hot pancakes, and these beauties are fluffy and festive too. The applesauce and pumpkin help to reduce the fat content while keeping the pancakes moist. Because these pancakes are made with coconut flour, they are also gluten-free. Double the recipe to make a bigger batch and share with your family and friends!
Tip: Pancakes are all about the timing so watch the heat of the pan and monitor the cooking of the pancakes to make sure they reach the golden brown you prefer. Avoid over-stirring the batter so the whey protein doesn’t become rubbery.
- Nonstick pan
- 1 scoop (1/4 cup) Cinnamon Whey Protein Powder (or you can use Vanilla flavoring if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup of pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon of almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Optional: Pure maple syrup to drizzle over pancakes
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl: whey protein, baking soda, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: egg, pumpkin, almond milk, egg white, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while stirring to combine ingredients thoroughly.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan and let cook until bubbles form on top which will be about 1.5 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook for another 30-45 seconds. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!