Now, let’s get one thing straight. These “special” brownies won’t have you talking to the ghost of Jerry Garcia. What makes them special is the protein punch brought to you by our Hemp Protein Powder!
Don’t let these delicious, double chocolate brownies fool you either – they pile on the decadence without all the associated guilt. One brownie is just 85 calories and 3.5 g Fat, packed with 4g protein, 9g of carbohydrates and 4g fiber!
Total Prep Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 25-30 min
- 1/2 cup True Nutrition Hemp Protein (Chocolate Fudge Brownie Flavor)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk (almond, cashew, rice etc.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and then line with parchment paper, this will help the paper stay in place. (You can skip the paper but it will make removing the brownies much easier.)
- Use a large mixing bowl to combine all dry ingredients and whisk together. Use a smaller mixing bowl to combine all wet ingredients and whisk together. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Tap pan to level out the top of the brownies.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Cut into 9 equal pieces.