Photo and recipe courtesy of Meg Gunther of myengineerednutrition.com
If you are looking for a simple and easy to make vegetarian friendly protein snack, then you will be head over heels for these amazing Chocolate Cherry Protein Truffles! You’re going to want to make sure to use a vegan rice or pea protein for this recipe, as a whey protein won’t give you the required texture to make these protein packed truffles.
Enjoy as an easy to carry snack or a sweet after workout treat, these easy to make truffles will go the distance!
Preparation: 25 minutes
Portion: 10 truffles
List of Ingredients:
- 3 scoops plant-based chocolate protein (True Nutrition Chocolate Brownie Plant-Based Protein is a great choice)
- 2 medjool dates, make sure they are pitted
- 1/4 cup of dried cherries
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup of cashew milk* (start with a 1/2 cup and continue adding until the mix starts holding together)
- 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- You can also use the cocoa powder for dusting or drizzle melted chocolate on top!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it is well mixed. Make sure to use a spatula to scrape the ingredients that stick to the side of the food processor bowl back into the mix. Continue scraping and pulsing until all ingredients are combined and the batter begins to form into a ball.
- Roll just like you would a meatball; form the “truffles” into balls by rolling a pinch of the mix between your hands. The mixture makes 10 truffles. Add any additional toppings you wish, such as cocoa or melted chocolate!
Nutritional Information : (based on one truffle)
86 calories – 7.5 grams of protein, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 1.5 grams of fat