Aging is an unavoidable factor in each of our lives, but while we may not be able to control each passing year, we can control how well we age and how well we maintain our body structure. As a promoter of general health, wellness, and nutrition, True Nutrition is often approached with questions regarding joint support and overall joint health, especially from athletes and individuals that have suffered from some form of debilitating injury. Today’s question comes to us from one such individual:
Hey, TrueNutrition! I am a middle-aged athlete, and I experienced an injury to my rotator cuff during some recent training exercises. I’ve been out of the gym for several months now, and want to be sure that I can properly heal before resuming my training. What supplements would you recommend that can help?
Injuries such as this are not at all uncommon, and we frequently hear stories about over-extensions, knee, back, and shoulder pain. First, it is important to understand the potential causes of these injuries in order to help avoid them. Here are some tips to promote overall joint health throughout your daily activities:
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water is essential to joint lubrication. Be sure to drink an ample amount of water each day to promote the healthy flow of liquids, and to expel toxic build-ups in joints and muscles.
- Stretch and Exercise: The sudden movement of an unworked joint can lead to tearing or other injuries. Be sure to provide amble time for stretching, and exercise your joints daily to maintain proper function.
- Eat Healthy Foods: Bone, joint, and tissue health are dependent on key nutrients that are found in our daily diet. Be sure to eat foods that are rich in Calcium, Vitamin D, and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain A Healthy Body Structure: It is important to be cautious of our weight not only for cardiovascular health, but also to save our joints from carrying an uneven load. Adding additional weight either through fat or through muscle places a higher stress on joint tissues, which can be compacted by improper posture during exercise and while at rest. Try to keep your weight within a healthy limit, and work towards proper posture to reduce the potential for injury.
Fortunately, there are also many ingredients available that can help to improve the flow of liquids throughout our joints, fight inflammation, and work to build and maintain healthy joint tissues. True Nutrition has gathered several of these ingredients together in the formation of our Joint Support Capsules, which include each of the following materials:
- Cissus Quadrangularis: Cissus Quadrangularis is an herbal extract that has been used for centuries for its anti-inflammatory and pain-reducing effects that are brought on by the naturally-occurring Vitamin C, Carotene, Quercitin , and Beta-Sitosterol content.
- Glucosamine HCL: Glucosamine is an amino sugar that helps to build and repair cartilage and joint tissues.
- Chondroitin Sulfate: Like Glucosamine, Chondroitin is a glycosaminoglycan (or amino sugar) that strengthens the resiliency of cartilage.
- MSM: MSM (Methylsulphonylmethane) acts as an anti-inflammatory, and also increases the flexibility and elasticity of joint structures.
The combined effects of these materials have helped countless athletes to reduce the pain that is brought on by inflammation, improve the fluidity of their joint structures, and repair existing damage while building future defenses. True Nutrition‘s Joint Support Capsules contain a total serving size of 787.5mg that is made up of each of these active ingredients. It is recommended that 1 Serving (1 Capsule) be taken 4 times daily. Noticeable effects may be experienced in as little as 1-2 weeks, once the nutrients have taken their effect on the troubled areas.
In addition to the Joint Support Capsules, True Nutrition also offers the Cissus Quadrangularis and Glucosamine HCL as stand-alone ingredients. Cissus Quadrangularis can be purchased in either powder form or in capsules.
Remember, drink plenty of water, stretch and exercise, eat healthy foods, and maintain a healthy body structure first, and if you still require additional aid in building and maintaining healthy joint structures, True Nutrition is here to help!
*DISCLAIMER: The above description is provided for information only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult your physician or the appropriately licensed professional before engaging in a program of exercise or nutritional supplementation. No information in this site has been reviewed by the FDA. No product is intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease.