A recovery drink with fast peptides which is clear, stable and delicious?! Until recently, an impossibility. But now there is PeptoPro®, the ready-to-use DSM solution for your recovery drinks.
Carbohydrates and fats are the only fuel the body needs. On the other hand, proteins supply energy and the building blocks for e.g. muscles, tissue and cell membranes. That is why they are used so much by sportspeople. Up to now they have had to content themselves with an unpalatable suspension of protein powder in water.
To make protein clearly water soluble, it has to be hydrolysed. The resulting peptides are, however, often extremely bitter. Also, solutions of amino acids are no option because they are very reactive and unstable in solution and in addition are forbidden in the EU.
Natural food protein is too big to be absorbed by the human gut. Our body has to digest the protein by breaking it down into smaller pieces which can be absorbed. Only single amino acids, and di- and tri-peptides can be directly absorbed in our intestinal tract via specific peptide importers. PeptoPro® contains 70-80% small di- and tri-peptides which are directly absorbed with digestion.
Di- and tripeptides
With its patented technology PeptoPro® is very rich in small di- and tri-peptides. These score better on all fronts:
- very easily soluble in water
- stable, even in an acidic environment
- permitted in all countries
- fast and total absorption by the body
- stimulates the release of insulin
PeptoPro® ushers in a new drinks category onto the sports drinks and soft drinks market. Normal sports drinks covered only three of the four elements: water for rehydration, glucose and/or electrolytes. PeptoPro® now finally adds protein in dissolvable form. Active peptides, which together with carbohydrates raise the concentration of insulin and supply the building blocks required for muscle recovery. The result: faster muscle refuelling and energy recovery.
Comparison of protein sources
Proteins can be obtained from food such as meat and fish, soya, wheat, peas, potatoes and rice. 80% of the milk protein consists of casein, which settles when the milk is acidified. The remaining liquid contains whey proteins, which are water soluble (but not clear).
Here are the different sources of protein supplements with their advantages and drawbacks:
- Whey protein. Milk proteins like whey or casein sometimes cause cow-milk allergies, and whey protein in higher doses can lead to digestive problems like flatulence and diarrhea. The solution of whey protein in water is not clear unless the big proteins have been strained off or partially hydrolysed. Some people have problems in digesting complete whey protein.
- Intact proteins are not easily digested and are therefore not usable during or before sports activities. Also, they do not increase the insulin level during the recovery phase.
- Amino acids did not obtain GRAS classification (Generally Recognized As Safe) in the US and are not allowed for use in food production in Europe. They are unstable in drinks and react with sugar (so-called Maillard reaction). And finally, they raise the osmolality of the drinks, which leads to poorer sugar, water and mineral absorption.
- Peptides obtained by ‘classic’ hydrolysis are extremely bitter, are absorbed slower, and can cause some allergic reactions and have no or only a low effect on raising the insulin level after exercise
- The di- and tripeptides in PeptoPro® are completely water soluble. They are quickly absorbed by the body and stimulate insulin production. They are hypoallergenic, and were thoroughly tested during the Athens Olympic Games in 2004.
- Country of Origin: Sweden.
Mix 1 Serving (1 Scoop) in 8-12floz of water, juice, or milk.
PeptoPro Hydrolyzed Caseinate (Milk).
Additional Flavoring Ingredients (if selected):
TrueFlavors: Flavoring (Natural Flavoring Extracts, non-GMO Rice Powder, Gum Acacia, Stevia).
Natural Premium Flavoring: Flavoring (Natural Flavoring and Coloring, Stevia, Maltodextrin).
Other Flavoring: Flavoring (Natural and Artificial Flavoring and Coloring, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Modified Food Starch, Silicon Dioxide, Maltodextrin).
The order quantity will be combined in to a single container when possible based on the total volume of material ordered, or split in to several containers when needed. The EZ-Seal Upright Mylar Bag option contains a standard 70cc scoop, is resealable, and will be heat-sealed for your protection. The Plastic Jug option contains a standard 70cc scoop, an interior lining, and will be heat-sealed for your protection.
If you are currently pregnant or nursing, consult a physician prior to use. Keep out of the reach of children.
Although this product may not contain one or all of the following, this product is manufactured in a facility that handles milk, soy, egg, peanut, nut, tree, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat products.
Use the table below to approximate the gram equivalent weight for a given level measuring spoon (US Standard). Please note that accurate dosing should only be done with a recommended calibrated scale.
|Measuring Spoon (level)
DISCLAIMER: The above description is provided for information only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult your physician or the appropriately licensed professional before engaging in a program of exercise or nutritional supplementation. No information in this site has been reviewed by the FDA. No product is intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease.