You may have been forced to finish your peas as a child, but what was once a barrier to dessert is actually a nutrient-packed protein source that many athletes rely on for recovery and muscle building. Peas aren’t a new source of superior nutrition either – they have been a diet staple for over 10,000 years.
Many athletes, from bodybuilders to endurance athletes, are becoming more and more aware of the health and environmental benefits of plant-based proteins. From the gluten-free athlete to the vegan athlete, diet based nutritional supplements are becoming an important part of today’s market, as disciplines and diets are an evolving part of the sports and strength training story.
As we have always been a go-to source for a number of plant, paleo and gluten-free proteins, we are dedicated to continuing to provide the very best plant based supplements, including our unrivalled pea proteins.
Pea proteins are not only packed with muscle building proteins and healthy fibers, but are also packed full of a number of other important nutrients that you might not be aware of, including:
- Pea protein contains very high levels of arginine compared to other protein sources and is also high in BCAA content. Compared to whey products, pea protein has nearly the same BCAA level, while most other veggie proteins fall short.
- Pea protein has a higher leucine content than both egg white and beef protein isolate. Leucine is one of the 3 BCAAs and is known for its function in stimulating skeletal muscle protein synthesis!
- Peas contain the phytonutrient coumestrol, which has been shown to help lower the risk of stomach cancer. One cup of peas contains 10mg of coumestrol.
- Peas are high in Vitamin K, which helps build strong bones, fights heart disease and assists in Vitamin D function.
- Peas are high in immune supporting antioxidants.
- Peas have anti-inflammatory properties that help with recovery and have anti-aging effects.
- Our Pea Protein Isolate and our brand NEW Pea Protein Concentrate are packed with beneficial nutrients and are Non-GMO, gluten and soy-free. We are so confident that our products only carry the ingredients and protein amounts on our labels, that we have invested in 3rd party testing….so you can be as confident in your supplements as we are.
Yours In Health,
Team True Nutrition